Planning Your Migration
Good planning cannot be emphasized enough. Start by inventorying your assets and
requirements so that you can create the
For SAS products like Base SAS that do not rely on metadata,
the Migration Planning Worksheet
directs you to documentation in the following areas:
- Identify which files to migrate, which files to move, and how to update syntax for Base SAS
and other SAS products.
- Learn about compatibility and migration issues that are specific to your SAS products.
- Take an inventory of the hardware you have and the hardware you expect to purchase.
Then consider hardware and operating system issues than can affect your migration timeline.
- Uncover the time and process constraints that can affect
the individuals and workflow in your organization.
- Gather requirements from your staff and create a validation plan.
Use SAS®9 tools or develop your own validation tests.