SAS AppDev Studio 3.0 Developer's Site
Documentation and Technical Papers listed in this reference apply to webAF software.
For additional webAF technology specific documentation, see
For general SAS AppDev Studio documentation, see
D O C U M E N T A T I O N
- webAF Component API
- A collection of JavaDoc class documentation, this programming reference provides the information you need to work with the
com.sas.* packages, including InformationBeans and TransformationBeans.
- SAS Custom Tag Reference (Version 3)
- A complete syntax reference for the SAS Custom Tag Library, this document presents the core tag extensions that enable Web developers to take advantage of SAS data access, computation, and TransformationBean processing without knowing all of the required Java APIs. This reference includes custom tags that provide a wide range of functionality, such as the ability to:
- view and edit relational data via tables views or custom forms.
- explore multidimensional data stored in OLAP cubes.
- perform common data management tasks such as sorting, filtering, and adding computed items.
- attach JDBC™ data sources to standard HTML form controls via model/view communication.
- develop Web applications for both Web and wireless.
- webAF Online Help
- The online Help is integrated with the product.
T E C H N I C A L P A P E R S
General webAF Topics
- Using CVS Repositories with SAS webAF 3.0
- This paper describes how to use a CVS (Concurrent Versioning System) with webAF for team-based development, collaboration, and version control. It focuses on using CVS via the PushOK bridge.
- Internationalization and Localization Using webAF Components
- This paper describes internationalization issues for webAF components. Topics include an overview of how the existing
com.sas classes and packages use resource bundles, as well as how to use some of the Internationalization support in classes built using the webAF component framework.
- Passing Lists
- This paper documents the rules and/or guidelines for creating and returning SCL lists from SCL methods that execute on the SAS server to a Java client.
- Remote Access Troubleshooting Guide
- This paper presents a quick reference guide to resolving remote SAS access problems.
- webAF Middleware Server
- As a complete reference guide, anyone who implements the Middleware Server will find this paper useful.
- Using the webAF Middleware Server
- This paper explains how the Middleware Server uses a technique called funneling to reduce memory consumption.
- Remote Method Invocation (RMI)
- A brief overview of Java's remote method invocation and how it fits in with AppDev Studio components.