SAS® OnDemand for Professionals (Now available in US and Canada)
Connect to a learning version of SAS.
International support will be added as we build out the infrastructure. Subscribe to the Interest List to be notified when the product is available in your country.
|Buy now in US
Buy now in Canada
Note: SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide is not intended for commercial use; only practice data supplied by SAS can be used.
- Choose the method that you prefer programming or point-and-click to access software and practice data on the Web.
- Practice what you learn in a SAS class.
- Prepare for a SAS certification exam.
- Leverage course and book data for your learning.
- Gain expertise using SAS Enterprise Guide.
With SAS Enterprise Guide, you will be able to accomplish these tasks:
- write and submit SAS programs
- access and manipulate data of various types
- create queries that filter and summarize data, compute new columns, and join multiple tables
- create reports and run statistical analysis
- create interactive graphs.
" Regardless of your path point-and-click, SAS programming, or a mix of each SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide provides a good learning environment to gain and practice your SAS skills. "
The SAS Dummy
FeaturesSAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide provides easy access to a learning version of SAS Enterprise Guide. Customers will download the product to their local computer and connect to the analytical power of SAS over the Web.
- SAS Enterprise Guide's point-and-click graphical interface makes learning SAS easy.
- Rely on the power of SAS Analytics with results deployed in a Windows-client interface through immediate Web access.
- The intuitive process flow diagram facility enables you to visually organize and maintain your projects.
- Learn SAS programming skills by accessing traditional SAS programming windows (Program Editor, log, output).
- Data and programs from select SAS courses and books guide your learning.
Note: SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide does not have the capability for uploading of personal data. It is intended for learning purposes only; ample practice data from select courses and books is made available.
The following products are available with SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide through the server: Base SAS, SAS/ACCESS (for PC files), SAS/ETS, SAS/CONNECT, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/HPF, SAS/IML, SAS Integration Technologies, SAS/OR, SAS/QC, SAS/SECURE, and SAS/STAT.
What is SAS Enterprise Guide?SAS Enterprise Guide is a powerful Windows .NET client application with an easy-to-use graphical user interface designed to enable self-sufficient and fast-guided access to much of the analytic power of SAS software. Learn more about SAS Enterprise Guide.
Why should I learn SAS Enterprise Guide?SAS Enterprise Guide is the preferred interface to SAS for business analysts, programmers and statisticians, and a key application in SAS Business Intelligence offerings.
- Available for use on Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium and above, Microsoft Windows Vista Home - Premium, and Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Macintosh and Windows 8 not supported)
- Can be installed on 64-bit operating system (x64 architecture); however, SAS Enterprise Guide will run as a 32-bit application.
- High-speed Internet connection required.
- This is a Windows.NET client application and, therefore, Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 is required. If your computer does not have all the required Microsoft Windows files, they will be installed for you. Depending on the files already installed on your computer, you might need up to 500 MB of available space to download the .NET Framework.
- Minimum disk space for the SAS OnDemand for Professionals: Enterprise Guide client only: 63MB (Note: This doesn't include any space needed by the .NET Framework if not already installed.)
- Minimum RAM: 2GB
- Currently, only available in the US and Canada. As the infrastructure is expanded, the product will be offered internationally. Subscribe to the Interest List to be notified when the product is available in your country.
- Because the product and data are on a cloud server, there might be infrequent system outages.
- This is a learning version of SAS Enterprise Guide and is not designed for commercial use. Therefore, it does not include all of the capability available in the complete product, including the ability to upload or import data. Sample practice data is provided for learning purposes.
- After downloading the client, it might take up to one hour to gain access to the course and book data folders on the SAS server.
- Before licensing SAS OnDemand for Professionals, you should be familiar with Windows and other software, such as Microsoft Office or spreadsheet programs.
- No prior SAS experience is needed.
SAS reserves the right to change the version of the software at any time.
Learning OptionsTo optimize your learning in the SAS OnDemand for Professionals environment, we offer data from a number of SAS courses and books.
Use SAS OnDemand for Professionals to practice what you learn in one of these classes or to prepare for SAS Certification. Course data is available on the SAS OnDemand server in the coursedata folder.
For new users:
- SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting for users without programming knowledge or SAS experience that prefer to point-and-click.
- SAS Programming 1: Essentials learn how to write SAS programs.
For more experienced users:
- SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS Enterprise Guide: ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- SAS Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS Macro Language 1: Essentials
- SAS SQL Processing 1: Essentials
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
Purchase one of SAS Press' most popular books and practice along in SAS OnDemand for Professionals. Example code and data for these books are available on the SAS OnDemand server in the bookdata folder.
- Elementary Statistics Using SAS by Sandra Schlotzhauer
- Learning SAS by Example by Ron Cody
- The Little SAS Book for Enterprise Guide 4.2 by Susan Slaughter and Lora Delwiche
- The Little SAS Book: A Primer, Fourth Edition by Lora Delwiche and Susan Slaughter
- The Little SAS Book: A Primer, Third Edition by Lora Delwiche and Susan Slaughter
- Practical Text Mining and Statistical Analysis for Non-structured Text Data by Gary Miner, John Elder, Robert Nisbet, Andrew Fast, Thomas Hill, and Dursen Delen
- PROC SQL: Beyond the Basics Using SAS by Kirk Lafler
- SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9
- SAS Certification Prep Guide: Advanced Programming for SAS 9
- SAS Macro Programming Made Easy, Second Edition by Michele Burlew