Teaching materials from SAS are free of charge and provide university instructors with everything they need to teach a SAS course. Materials may be used
in whole or in part, provided they are used to teach degree seeking students in degree granting university or used to train internal university employees.
Teaching materials include:
- Chapter-by-chapter instructor notes
- PowerPoint slides for easily presenting the material to your students
- Course data sets for easily demonstrating the concepts being discussed
- Practice exercises to enhance your students' comprehension.
All materials are reproduction-ready and delivered electronically.
Requesting Teaching Materials
- View a list of available materials.
- Fill in this request form for the desired course materials.
SAS can work with your institution to help incorporate SAS into your academic offerings. Whether you are looking to create a single activity, a for-credit course, a sequence of courses building
toward a degree, or certificate program or to create a new program, SAS' expert analytical and curriculum consultants can help you develop the SAS curriculum you need to accomplish your goals.
SAS University Edition
SAS University Edition
is a no-cost, packaged offering of core SAS software. It is available to students, professors, academic researchers, and lifelong learners. It includes:
- Base SAS (SAS programming language)
- SAS/STAT (statistical methods)
- SAS/IML (matrix programming)
- SAS Studio (interactive interface to SAS)
- SAS/Access Interface to PC files (e.g., Microsoft Excel, JMP, Paradox, SPSS, Stat, DBF)
Download SAS to PCs, Macs and Linux workstations.
SAS OnDemand for Academics
SAS OnDemand for Academics
provides access to the power of SAS over the Internet at no cost. Processing takes place on SAS hosted servers via your broadband internet
connection. SAS OnDemand for Academics provides access to the popular SAS software:
- SAS Enterprise Guide the power of SAS with a point and click interface
- SAS Enterprise Miner SAS' powerful data mining solution
- SAS Forecast Server (beta) The power of forecast modeling
- SAS Studio - Platform independent code editor
SAS OnDemand for Academics is licensed for academic teaching only.
SAS Visual Analytics
Incorporate hands-on experience with SAS Visual Analytics
into instruction at no cost through a partnership with
Teradata University Network
(TUN) and SAS. SAS Visual Analytics allows you and your students to explore data, create
reports, and share results to the Web and mobile devices. In addition to the software, professors also have access to related teaching materials. A broadband connection is required.
SAS Education Analytical Suite
SAS Analytics technology in a bundle specifically designed for teaching and research in education. Licenses for the
Educational Analytical Suite
(.pdf) now come with complimentary, unlimited access to
SAS e-learning courses
SAS Programming Language
SAS Enterprise Guide
- SAS Programming I: Essentials
- SAS Programming II: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS Programming III: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS Macro Language I: Essentials
- SAS SQL I: Essentials
- SAS Enterprise Guide 1: Querying and Reporting (newest version of the course)
- SAS Enterprise Guide 2: Advanced Tasks and Querying
Associated e-Learning with your campus SAS Enterprise Miner software license
- Introduction to Statistical Concepts
- Predictive Modeling Using Logistic Regression
- SAS Enterprise Guide: ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner
- Rapid Predictive Modeling for Business Analysts
JMP for Statistical Discovery
The visual, interactive, and easy-to-learn desktop analytics of JMP Statistical Discovery Software
lets students master
statistical concepts quickly. JMP's unique navigation paradigm drives students through statistics using point, click, drag, and drop, and then displays
results as statistics and graphs in the same window. Students can easily subset, perform subsequent analyses, and create 3D and moving graphics to help
understand the results of their analyses. JMP runs on Windows and MacIntosh platforms.
Each year SAS offers numerous professional development opportunities exclusively for university professors. These offerings are invitation only. The
workshops are offered at no charge and include materials, training, breakfast and lunch. Travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the attendee.
Classes are offered as a series of days so that you can take several classes. Two locations are also offered with several classes repeated at both locations.
|San Diego |
|Jan 12-13 ||Using SAS to Clean Big Data
|Jan 12-14 ||Advanced Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner
|Jan 14-16 ||Applied Mixed Models for Professors
|Jan 15 ||SAS Visual Analytics for Professors
|Jan 16 ||SAS Visual Statistics for Professors
|Jun 8-12 ||Advanced Business Analytics
|Jun 8-9 ||Text Analytics Using SAS Text Miner
|Jun 10 ||SAS Visual Analytics for Professors
|Jun 11 ||SAS Visual Statistics for Professors
|Cary, NC - SAS Headquarters |
|Jul 13 ||Data Manipulation and Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Guide
|Jul 13-14 ||Text Analytics Using SAS Text Miner
|Jul 15 ||SAS Visual Analytics for Professors
|Jul 16 ||SAS Visual Statistics for Professors
|Jul 27-31 ||Advanced Business Analytics
If you would like to be included on the invitation list for this training, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
offers many books particularly suited for use in teaching and for reference. This list of
bestsellers is organized by these categories: basic statistics, advanced analytics/predictive modeling, research/clinical, data mining and business
Products published by SAS Institute (SAS Press books, Certification Prep Guides, Course Notes and SAS Documentation) are available at a 20% discount off the full price for those in the field of academia in the US and Canada. Visit the SAS Bookstore
to learn more about the academic discount or to order products with an academic discount.
If you are considering a SAS title for your classroom, SAS Bookstore is pleased to offer our products to qualified professors and instructors at academic institutions who are interested in
teaching SAS. You can request an academic evaluation copy
for your review.
Generation SAS Blog
Stay up-to-date with the latest resources available. Generation SAS
is a blog designed specifically for students and professors. Find out about the latest updates, tips and techniques, new program initiatives and opportunities.
Teradata University Network (TUN)
Teradata University Network is a web-based portal for faculty and students in data warehousing, business intelligence/decision support, and database that
is provided at no cost to the university. This content also can support Introduction to IT courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels. SAS is a
partner with the Teradata University Network