- You can now specify more resources, such as
SAS.isToolBoxPersistent, through the Preferences
Version 8, the Preferences dialog has an additional tab, Results, that enables
you to set options that control the SAS Output Delivery System.
- In Release 6.12, you could use the Resource Helper (reshelper)
to customize colors, keys, and fonts. In Version 7, you use the Font dialog
to customize your fonts. However, you can still use reshelper to customize
colors and keys.
- The following resources were added in Version 7:
- specifies how often that the data in the text editor windows
should be saved.
- specifies whether you want SAS to automatically save the
documents that you currently have open.
- specifies the name of the Web browser that you want to use
to view SAS System help.
- specifies whether you want SAS to execute the
WSAVE ALL command when you exit your SAS session.
In Version 8, the following resources are new:
- specifies whether SAS automatically fills in the remaining
letters of a command when you start to type a command in the command window
that begins with the same letter as a command that you have entered previously.
- specifies whether SAS saves the commands that you enter
in the command window into a file in your SASUSER directory.
- specifies whether SAS prompts you to enter your password
before sending HTML files to your browser.
- specifies whether SAS automatically displays results files
when they are generated.
- specifies whether the ODS HTML destination is open or closed.
- specifies the style definition to use for HTML output.
- specifies whether the ODS Listing destination is open or
- specifies the destination for HTML files.
- specifies whether SAS should use your WORK directory as
the destination for your HTML files.
- The following resource is obsolete:
Copyright 1999 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA. All rights reserved.