Define a Report Layout
A report layout table defines the calculation formula for the profit and loss report, and it specifies what levels from the report hierarchy are to appear on the initial display of a report. A report hierarchy can have multiple report layouts so that you can create different reports from the same data.
To define a report layout:
- Select a model.
- Click the Report Layouts tab in the Reports workspace.
- Select a hierarchy. Each hierarchy can have one or more layouts.
- Click New report layout (or select File New Report Layout).
The Add Report Layout window opens.
- Name the layout. The name must be unique within a hierarchy, but you can use the same name in different hierarchies.
- Click Select, and select the table that defines the report layout.
Note: The report layout must be compatible with its report hierarchy.
- Click Finish.
The report layout is added to the model.