SAS Global Certification program
SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 Credential
The ideal certification for those relatively new to SAS programming or new to SAS certificationSuccessful candidates should have experience in programming and data management using SAS 9 and should be able to
Required ExamCandidates who earn this credential will have earned a passing score on the SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 exam. This exam is administered by SAS and Pearson VUE.
- 64 multiple-choice and short-answer questions (must achieve score of 70% correct to pass)
- 110 minutes to complete exam
- Use exam ID A00-211; required when registering with Pearson VUE.
Exam topics include:Accessing Data
- Use FORMATTED and LIST input to read raw data files.
- Use INFILE statement options to control processing when reading raw data files.
- Use various components of an INPUT statement to process raw data files including column and line pointer controls, and trailing @ controls.
- Combine SAS data sets.
- Access an Excel workbook.
- Create temporary and permanent SAS data sets.
- Create and manipulate SAS date values.
- Export data to create standard and comma-delimited raw data files.
- Control which observations and variables in a SAS data set are processed and output.
- Investigate SAS data libraries using base SAS utility procedures.
- Sort observations in a SAS data set.
- Conditionally execute SAS statements.
- Use assignment statements in the DATA step.
- Modify variable attributes using options and statements in the DATA step.
- Accumulate sub-totals and totals using DATA step statements.
- Use SAS functions to manipulate character data, numeric data, and SAS date values.
- Use SAS functions to convert character data to numeric and vice versa.
- Process data using DO LOOPS.
- Process data using SAS arrays.
- Validate and clean data.
- Generate list reports using the PRINT procedure.
- Generate summary reports and frequency tables using base SAS procedures.
- Enhance reports through the use of user-defined formats, titles, footnotes and SAS System reporting.
- Generate reports using ODS statements.
- Identify and resolve programming logic errors.
- Recognize and correct syntax errors.
- Examine and resolve data errors.
Best Value! Save 50%.
Base Certification Package
Available in U.S. and Canada
View the sample questions for this exam.
Preparation options may vary by country
|Choose a country for specific training options.|
For more informationContact the SAS Global Certification Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-333-7660.
Visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas. Follow these easy steps once on the site:
- Attention first-time users:
You must create a new Web account within Pearson VUE before you can schedule a SAS exam. This can take up to two business days based on information provided to produce your username and password needed for exam registration.
- Returning users:
If you have previously taken a test with Pearson VUE and created a Web account, but do not remember your sign-in information, there are links within Pearson VUE to help obtain this information.
- Attention first-time users:
To register by phone, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select the 'Schedule By Phone'. Numbers for your location will be provided.
Testing LocationsRegister with Pearson VUE as indicated above.
For SAS-sponsored US testing, visit SAS-sponsored Testing Events in the US.
Exam PricingWithin North America and India, the fees associated with an exam offered through Pearson VUE is $180 USD.
Certification exam prices are subject to change. In some countries, different pricing and additional taxes may apply. Please visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas for exam pricing in your country.
- To cancel or reschedule your test appointment, visit www.pearsonvue.com/sas and select 'Cancel a Test' or 'Reschedule a Test.' Tests must be canceled more than 24 hours before the scheduled exam appointment time. Canceling with less than 24 hours' notice will forfeit your exam fee.
- Customers who do not appear for a scheduled exam forfeit the full exam fee. If the exam fee was paid with a voucher, the voucher number will be invalidated and unavailable for future use.
Retake PolicyCandidates may attempt each certification exam up to five times in a 12-month period, waiting a minimum of 14 days between attempts. Exam charges are incurred for each exam attempt. Exams that do not comply with this retake policy will be considered invalid and will not be eligible for refund and/or a certification credential. Once a passing score is achieved on a specific exam, no further attempts are allowed on that exam.
Candidate AgreementCandidates are encouraged to review the SAS Institute Inc. Global Certification Program Candidate Agreement prior to their exam day.
Arriving at the test center: Candidates should plan to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled exam time. Candidates arriving more than 15 minutes late are not guaranteed exam availability or a refund.
Reference materials: To maintain the security of the test environment, candidates are not permitted to bring reference materials of any kind into the testing center.
Personal items: The only items allowed in the testing area are your identification. Please leave any backpacks, laptops, briefcases and other personal items at home. If you have personal items that cannot be left behind (such as purses), the testing center may have lockers available for use. No cameras, cell phones, audio players, or other electronic devices are allowed during exam sessions. Please refer to Pearson VUE Candidate Rules Agreement for more information.
All notes will be collected at the end of testing and no material may be removed from the testing event.